TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Responsibilities and liabilities
We are very reasonable with our Customers and we promote goodwill where possible. Whilst we will exercise all due care and consideration to carry out Customer and/or Passenger instruction we will not be liable for any incidence or loss due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- Passengers who request assistance from the driver either to enter the vehicle or to vacate the vehicle do so at their own risk and should be aware that the driver will have no public liability insurance as it is not a legal requirement for private hire drivers.
- Epsom & Ewell Cars accepts no responsibility for any damage caused to a passenger’s personal property either when loading or unloading items from the vehicle or during any stage of the journey.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that their items are packaged adequately to avoid sustaining any damage. All property is conveyed at the passenger’s own risk and is not covered by Epsom & Ewell Cars insurance policy.
When Epsom & Ewell Cars accepts a booking from a Customer, Epsom & Ewell Cars enters a contract with that Customer. As a licensed Operator, Epsom & Ewell Cars is responsible for bookings and transport services and Epsom & Ewell Cars does not transfer its responsibility as principal in the contract to drivers or any other parties.
2. Transport of Goods
We provide courier service and all parcels, packages, and goods are taken at the customer’s own risk. We don’t provide insurance for the packages we pick up and deliver. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure adequate insurance cover is in place for goods in transit.
3. Right to Refusal
We reserve the right to refuse if
- Any person or objects that the driver deems to be likely to cause him or his vehicle harm or damage in whatsoever form.
- Any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or whose behavior is considered to pose a threat to the safety of the driver, themselves, or the other passengers.
- Any person refuses to pay upfront if and when asked by the driver.
Epsom & Ewell Cars may charge extra for any costs involved.
All our quotes are based on mileage, the time taken by the driver, the type of car used (for example estate, MPV, executive), and time of day of travel.
We calculate fares based on mileage incurred, time, and out-of-pocket expenditure. The charge rate will vary according to the type of vehicle/service required for the journey. We operate fixed rates for journeys to or from the local areas to: Gatwick airport, Heathrow airport, Luton airport, the London airports, and most London postal codes.
Most journeys are quoted as traveling via the shortest route. If the route varies from this, e.g. by request from the customer to use a motorway route or the driver has to avoid a traffic-related problem, Epsom & Ewell Cars reserve the right to charge the Customer for any extra mileage and time.
For airport pickups for instance if the flight is delayed or if the customer is late in getting through immigration and customs we may charge waiting time because of the time the driver has waited outside and money paid for parking tickets etc. Epsom & Ewell Cars and the driver reserve the right to refuse to take the customer should the customer refuse to pay the waiting time or parking tickets.
We reserve the right to apply a surcharge to:
- Airport and station pick-ups
- Out-of-area to out-of-area journeys
- Christmas, New Year, and other Bank Holiday journeys
- Additional stop on route
- Periods of extreme weather or road conditions.
- Journeys out of standard business hours.
- Peak hours
- Motorway and bridge tolls
Epsom & Ewell Cars assume a journey/booking request is still valid until:
- A Passenger or someone deemed to be representing the Passenger cancels the journey with a member of staff in the offices of Epsom & Ewell Cars and receives confirmation by the member of staff that it is canceled.
- Our driver and or supporting staff have satisfied themselves that they are unable to pick the Passenger up for whatever reason.
Until then we will take all reasonable care to complete the booking.
In the event of a cancellation of a journey, Epsom & Ewell Cars may charge for any costs incurred until the time when it is apparent that Epsom & Ewell Cars have been satisfactorily informed of a cancellation of booking or Epsom & Ewell Cars has been unable to contact the Passenger.
Usually, there would be no charge for a journey canceled prior to dispatch.
Where a journey is canceled after the driver has been dispatched the Customer may be liable for a charge.
Where the driver is unable to find a Passenger after making all reasonable efforts the Customer may be charged.
Where a Customer or Passenger gives incorrect information regarding a pickup place or time or other relevant detail that results in a cost to our driver, the Customer may be liable for a cancellation charge.
8. Waiting time
Where a driver has to wait beyond the appointed time to collect a Passenger, whether it be the fault of the Passenger ger or Customer or arises from circumstances beyond their control, the Customer will be liable to pay Epsom & Ewell Cars for the waiting time.
9. Cancellation Charge
A Cancellation Charge is calculated to pay for the time and miles and incidental costs of our driver when he is unable to pick up a passenger.
We will try to carry out a journey in a way the Passenger requests, e.g. route variation unless we have written instructions not to do so by the account holder.
11. Security of the account
It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure adequate security to ensure that the facility is not Abused.
The account will be set up with minimal security measures unless the Customer specifies their requirements in writing, Epsom & Ewell Cars are able to set up various security measures with a prior request in writing from the Customer.
The Customer will be liable to pay all bookings made on the account.
The Customer undertakes to pay invoices within the payment terms on the account application. Overdue amounts may incur interest at 2.5% above base lending rates.